CELEBRATE ARLINGTON! 5K
The Celebrate Arlington! 5K is part of a two day community festival to celebrate the past and present and envision the future of Arlington. The flat and fast course will wind through historic Old Arlington. This 5K is a professionally timed event and will start and end at Norman Studios. The event also includes a virtual 5K option.
Funds raised will support a Scholarship Fund for a student that enters and win an essay contest.
$35 up to September 18, $40 on Race Day, September 25
$30 up to and on Race Day, September 25
7:00-7:50am Packet Pickup
8:00am Race Start
9:00am Scholarship Recipient Award
Friday, September 24
12:00 – 5:00pm
6337 Arlington Rd
Jacksonville, Fla. 32211
The health and safety of the Arlington community is our top priority. In consultation with city officials and the local health department, we have designed the following COVID-sensitive guidelines.
Runners can participate virtually or in-person. The virtual 5K option allows runners to receive their packets in the mail and complete the run at any location of their choice. Runners may switch to the virtual 5K option for any reason, at no extra cost to the participant. Should the traditional 5K be cancelled for any reason, runners may choose to switch to the virtual race option or donate their registration fee. No refunds will be issued. The race protocols will adhere to local ordinances, including any social distancing guidelines that may be in effect.
The in-person race will be held at Norman Studios 6337 Arlington Road Jacksonville, Fl 32211
The professionally chip-timed 5K will wind through the streets of historic Arlington.
The in-person race will follow the following safety protocols:
- Runners will begin the race in staggered waves of up to 50 people every 10 minutes.
- Runners must carry their own water during the race if desired.
- There will be no race day registration. Pre-race packet pickup is encouraged.
- There will be no pre- or post-race gatherings. Awards and medals can be retrieved at the awards tent.
- Runners will be encouraged to wear a mask at the race start and finish, as well as when within 6 feet of others.
- Runners will be asked not to come to the in-person race if they are having any symptoms associated with COVID-19, have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- Runners will be asked to arrive at the race no more than 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Race staff will wear masks at all times.
- Several hand sanitizer stations will be available at the race.